Release Notes Version 3.0.0
The Release is done via Google Play Store
New Features & Improvements:
We have heard your wish and now offer you the possibility to write messages to your colleagues with Swyx Mobile. This requires a SwyxWare on the server higher than version 12.10.
- cross platform chat with colleagues (Windows, iOS, Android)
- start a new chat from favorites, recents, contacts, contact profile or chat overview
- send, receive and copy messages
- receive push notifications for new chat messages
- separate overview of your single chats and group chats
- admins can delete a conversation, members can leave a conversation
- start a new chat with long-press on app icon (homescreen)
- call a chat partner directly from a single chat
- open URL in a message with a short tap
For the Swyx Mobile for Android client to operate, the following requirements need to be fulfilled:
- Server: SwyxWare 11/ NetPhone 11 (or later) with push notification service correctly installed and running
- Network: Router with enabled 802.11r (FastRoaming)
- Client: Smartphone with Android 6 (or later)
For the use of Instant Messaging:
- Server: SwyxWare 12.10 (or later) with corresponding but separately installed Push Notification Service
- To ensure best user experience, we recommend the use of latest mid to high end Android business smartphones with at least a 2.2 GHz quad-core processor (64bit), at least 4 GB of RAM and a minimum resolution of 1.280 x 720 Pixel.
- Please ensure that 'Data Saver' is switched off at Android Settings > Data Usage
- Changing networks during an ongoing call causes the call to drop
- XING has decided to no longer provide its interface. So these contacts can no longer
be displayed in apps like ‚SwyxMobile‘.
The app is available in the Google Play Store and can be directly installed on the Android smartphone from there.
Ensure that the old app ‘Swyx Mobile’ is deinstalled before using the new app ’SwyxMobile’
The Support for the Swyx Mobile for Android is handled through the regular Swyx Support process.