Release Notes for Version 3.0.1
New Features & Improvements:
Calls are no longer cancelled, even in transfer scenarios. Additionally, adjustments for using Swyx Messenger in combination with a firewall have been made.
- SMFI-9: Instant Messaging blocked by firewall due to non-standard port usage
- SMFI-18: Mobile call disconnects after 4 seconds
- SMFI-23: Call drop during transfer
For the Swyx Mobile for iOS client to operate, the following requirements need to be fulfilled:
- Client: Apple iPhone or iPad with iOS 11 (or newer)
- Server: SwyxWare 12.10 (or newer) with push notification service correctly installed and running
- Network: Router with enabled 802.11r (FastRoaming)
- After installing the new Push Notification Service (PNS) of SwyxWare 12.10 all clients have to register again. Please open the Swyx Mobile app on your iPhone once.
- No proper error notification when a new password doesn't meet the complexity requirements refined by the server
- Own user state is wrong if "SIP device" is not selected as "Login Device" for the user (needs to be set up by your admin)
- This Swyx app cannot be used with a Swyxware Advance / DeutschlandLAN Swyx server
- The use of h/w buttons of Jabra Stealth devices is not supported by Jabra, yet
- The use of h/w buttons of devices other than Jabra may not work properly
- Non-login-relevant user settings are not transferred with easy transit mechanism from client 1.7 to 2.2.0
The app is available in the App Store and can be directly installed on iPhone or iPad from
The previous app has been renamed to "Swyx Mobile 2019" and can be used with server
versions older than 12.10. After installing the new app "Swyx Mobile" the old app has to be
The Support for the Swyx Mobile for iOS is handled through the regular Swyx Support process.