Swyx has released a new Firmware v6.80A.308.003 for SwyxConnect 5xxx/8xxx.
Please note, that a direct firmware upgrade to version v6.80A.308.003 via web interface is NOT possible. The firmware upgrade has to be done in two steps by upgrading to firmware version v6.80A.286.002 at first. You will find more details in the article below.
Not all the necessary settings for using SwyxConnect 5000/8000 with SwyxWare can be selected in the web configuration. Swyx therefore provides some INI files as templates, with which specific settings must be selected on SwyxConnect 5000/8000.
The following steps are required for startup:
- Preparation of SwyxWare, i.e. creation of SIP-gateway trunks and SwyxWare users; if necessary, setup of SwyxWare locations.
- Connection of SwyxConnect 5000/8000 to the LAN and the PSTN
- Configuration and installation of the customized INI files on SwyxConnect 5000/8000
1. Preparation of SwyxWare
- In the SwyxWare Administration, configure the SIP gateway trunks that you want to use.
- When selecting the profile for the trunk group, choose the "SwyxConnect" profile matching your connection.
2. Startup of SwyxConnect 5000/8000
- Connect SwyxConnect 5000/8000 to the LAN. SwyxConnect 5000/8000's Ethernet connections have a redundant layout and are in the front panel on the right-hand side.
- Connect SwyxConnect 5000/8000 to the mains. It will start, and after a little while it can be reached on the preset address IP 192.168.0.2 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0, gateway 188.8.131.52).
- Start a web browser, deactivate the proxy settings and then enter „http://192.168.0.2" to establish a link to SwyxConnect 5000/8000.
- For the user name and password, enter "Admin" (factory setting). Entries are case-sensitive.
- After logging in, set the view of the tree structure to "Full" so that all entries become visible (recommended after every login).
Tip: You can also find an entry in the tree structure using Search. Click on "Search", and input all or part of the entry name.
- Import the current firmware and the desired callprogresstones file attached to this KB article.
- Start the update of the firmware by calling up the menu "Device Actions | Software Upgrade Wizard" (see Figure 2). The wizard takes you through the individual steps to update the firmware. Confirm the subsequent dialogs and then wait for SwyxConnect 5000/8000 to restart.
Import the Firmware File with Version v6.80A.286.002 at first. After the restart please repeat step 7. and import the Firmware File with Version v6.80A.308.003.
- Finally the connection to the PSTN is made, and to any ISDN or analog telephones which are to be used. Connect SwyxConnect 5000/8000 to your NTBA and the terminal devices. The figures below show the pin configuration of the PRI and BRI modules of SwyxConnect 5000/8000.
3. Configuration and Installation of the INI Files
3.1 Configuration of the INI file
- Under "[SYSTEM Params]", enter your NTP server and adapt the daylight saving parameters if necessary.
Further settings which are possible here are usually not necessary.
- In the „[InterfaceTable]“ configure the IP address of your SwyxConnect 5000/8000 as well as the subnetmask, gateway- and DNS server addresses.
- In the section "[ProxyIp]", configure the IP address of your IpPbxServer. If you use a standby system, activate the "ProxyIP 1" and configure the IP address of your standby system. For standby, activate the options"ProxyRedundancyMode" und "EnableProxyKeepAlive" in the following section, too.
- The following paragraphs describe the physical connection of your SwyxConnect 5000/8000. Activate the options appropriate for your usage. If you configure an external line under "[TrunkGroup]", replace "NUMBER" with your subscriber number, e.g. 4777, for +49 231 4777 000-999.
Under "[TrunkGroupSettings]", activate the lines according to the ports to be used.
5. Under "[Account]", specify the login data of your SIP gateway trunks and devices according to your SwyxWare configuration.
6. Under "[PSTN Params]", configure the protocol properties of the connections to be used.
12. Under "[TrunkGroupSettings]" activate the parameters according to the ports configured under point 4.
13. Under "[Account]" activate the parameters according to the number of user accounts configured under point 5.
14. In the following section some special numberreplacements have to be configured. Replace the relevant wildcards here in order to adapt SwyxConnect 5000/8000 to your environment.
15. The section "[PstnPrefix]" describes, as in point 7, the routing of SwyxConnect 5000/8000 in gateway and SAS mode. Configure here the Routing Records for your external lines and connected devices. Once for the localhost IP address of SwyxConnect 5000/8000 in SAS mode and once for regular Gateway mode.
16. The parameters described in the following sections must only be activated and generally need no further change. This also applies to all parameters under "[SIP Params]", except the SASDEFAULTGATEWAYIP. Configure the IP address of SwyxConnect 5000/8000 here.
Installation of the INI file