SwyxWare offers the possibility to connect 3rd party SIP phones in addition to SwyxPhone and certified SIP phones.
This article contains general information about the use of 3rd party SIP phones on SwyxWare.
Furthermore information about the CTI+ option is given.
Information about 3rd party SIP phones
When using 3rd party SIP phones no features can be guaranteed. This means that the following restrictions may occur compared to the system phones:
- No configuration of the phone via the soft client
- No status information on the speed dial keys on the phone
- No pickup of calls on the phone
- Furthermore there may be problems with other features (e.g. 3-party conferences).
Extended functionality with SwyxCTI+
With the SwyxCTI+ option, it is possible to control any telephone from the PC. Additional features are provided via the SwyxIt! interface.
Further information about SwyxCTI+
To use SwyxCTI+, the SIP phone must offer the following features:
- RFC 3261 The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
- Full "SIP Update Message" Support
- RFC 3515 The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Refer Method
- RFC 3891 The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) "Replaces" Header
- RFC 5589 Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Call Control - Transfer
- RFC 6086 The SIP INFO Method
The Swyx Technology Alliance Program
Within the Swyx Technology Alliance Program (TAP) selected 3rd party products have been tested. Here you can also find SIP phones.