The Enterprise SIP Trunk from Swisscom was first tested and released with a SwyxWare 2015 R3.
On behalf of the customer, the partner orders the Enterprise SIP trunk from Swisscom. This includes the telephony functionality as well as the connection to the IP MPLS network of Swisscom. Swisscom will deliver an appropriate gateway with eSBC functionality (Cisco 897 or Cisco ISR 4321). This eSBC will act as a SIP trunk for the SwyxWare and performs the call signaling towards the Swisscom. A profile for the SwyxWare ist installed on the eSBC which is synchronized with the SwyxWare configuration.
It must be assured that the eSBC in the customer's network is configured with a static IP address.
The Enterprise SIP Trunk from Swisscom can be used without restrictions from SwyxWare 2015 R30.5 on. When using an earlier version of SwyxWare incompatibilities cannot be excluded and use is at your own risk.
Because of the dependency from the locally installed eSBC, using the Enterprise SIP Trunk from Swisscom in a SwyxON environment is not supported.
Configuration of the SwyxWare
- Creation of a location with the information of the assigned number range
- Creation of a SIP trunk group with the Swisscom Enterprise profile "Swisscom_ENT (CH)"
- In the properties of the SIP trunk group, within the tab "SIP", the IP address and if necessary, the port of the eSBC have to be configured in the field "Proxy"
- Creation of a SIP trunk underneath the newly created SIP trunk group
- No user credentials have to be configured
- Configuration of the assigned number range
- In the codec dialog, deselect G.722 from the codec list
CLIP No Screening
To activate feature CLIP No screening, in the tab 'Number Signaling' of the trunk properties the option 'Always use originator's number' must be set.
The eSBC for the Enterpise SIP trunk supports the T.38 protocol, which was developped for FAX transmission via IP. However, T.38 must not be offered in the initial INVITE for an outgoing FAX. In the SIP trunk properties, underneath the tab “Codecs/Channel”, the option “Remove T.38 from initial invite” has to be selected. After the FAX tone was detected by the SwyxWare, it will send a reINVITE which only offers T.38.
Note: In case that FAX transmission has to be carried out through G.711 exclusively, T.38 has to be deselected in the list of supported codecs. This is not recommended since FAX transmission via T.38 is supplying a significantly better quality, stability and reliability.
- Incoming/outgoing national calls
- Incoming/outgoing international calls
- Correct Calling Line Identification (CLI) on national and international calls
- CLIP No Screening
- Holding and retrieving calls
- Toggeling between two calls
- Call transfer
- Mutually supported codecs: G.711a/ G.711µ/ G.729/ T.38
- Incoming/outgoing DTMF signaling in accordance with via RFC2833
19/05/2016 with SwyxWare2015R3
17/12/2020 with SwyxWare 12.30
The third-party contact information included in this article is provided to help you find the technical support you need. This contact information is subject to change without notice. Swyx in no way guarantees the accuracy of this third-party contact information nor is responsible for it's content.