The Business Connect SIP Trunk was first tested and released with a SwyxWare2013 R5.
The Swyx partner orders a so called ConnectBox for the customer from the Swisscom. This box has firstly the task to control the SIP signaling between the box and the Swisscom and secondly to offer the SIP trunking functionality. The SwyxWare does not directly register at Swisscom but at the ConnectBox instead. Together with the ConnectBox, the customer/partner has received the assigned numbers and log-in information in order to connect to the web interface of the box.
It must be assured that the ConnectBox in the cusomer's network is configured with a static IP address.
The Business Connect SIP Trunk from Swisscom can be used without restrictions from SwyxWare 2013 R5.
Because of the dependency from the locally installed ConnectBox, using the Business Connect SIP Trunk from Swisscom in a SwyxON environment is not supported.
Configuration of the ConnectBox
- Logon through a browser at the ConnectBox
- Start of the Swyx IP-PBX Wizards. Through the wizard, the SIP trunk is configured.
- Authentication User Name and Password must be assigned.
- The static IP address of the ConnectBox must be entered as SIP Domain. The first number of the assigned number range in national format must be configured as BC Basenumber.
- Save the entries and restart the box.
Configuration of the SwyxWare
- Creation of a location with the infromaion of the assigned number range
- Creation of a SIP trunk group with the Swisscom profile
- Creation of a SIP trunk underneath the newly created SIP trunk group. The SIP user ID of the credentials is again the first number of the assigned number range in national format. User name and password must be identical to the values which were specified for the ConnectBox.
- Configuration of the assigned number range
- Only allow G711A and G711u as codecs
- After creation of the SIP trunk, the static IP address of the ConnectBox for Registrar and Proxy must be specified for the appropriate trunk group. As port 5062 must be specified.
During creation of the actual trunk, in the codec configuration dialog, T.38 has to be deselected as supported codec. This step could also be performed afterwards in the properties of the SIP trunk, underneath the 'Codecs' tab.
CLIP No Screening
To activate the feature CLIP No screening in the SwyxWare, it is necessary to set the option "Always use originator's number" in the tab "Number signalling" of the SIP trunk settings.
- Incoming/outgoing national calls
- Incoming/outgoing international calls
- Correct Calling Line Identification (CLI) on national and international calls
- CLIP No Screening
- Holding and retrieving calls
- Toggeling between two calls
- Call transfer
- Mutually supported codecs: G.711a/ G.711µ
- Incoming/outgoing DTMF signaling in accordance with via RFC2833
- FAX transmission via G.711
30/09/2014 with SwyxWare2013R5
01/10/2014 with SwyxWare2015
Verifying interoperability between different SIP providers and the Swyx solution is part of the Enreach Technology Alliance Programme (TAP) tasks. Due to different implementations of the SIP RFCs, it is necessary to determine and provide an individual configuration for each SIP provider.
Within the TAP, Enreach tests a large number of national and international SIP providers in order to make statements about the interoperability with the Swyx solution and the functional scope of the respective SIP trunk. These results and, if needed, configuration advice are published in Help Center articles.
Enreach is in close contact with selected SIP providers to ensure a quick troubleshooting in case of incompatibilities. In addition, tests are repeated at regular intervals to ensure consistent quality.
Despite regular retests it cannot be excluded that incompatibilities with the Swyx solution may occur due to changes in the SIP connection on the provider side or that the provided profile is no longer valid. After creating the trunk group or SIP trunk, the profile settings should be compared with the provider's information and adjusted accordingly in case of deviations.
However, should incompatibilities or problems occur with a tested SIP trunk, no claims for recourse against Enreach GmbH can be derived from this. In such cases, you can contact Enreach Support via your specialist dealer.
The third-party contact information included in this article is provided to help you find the technical support you need. This contact information is subject to change without notice. Swyx in no way guarantees the accuracy of this third-party contact information nor is responsible for it's content.