Enreach releases Swyx Visual Contacts Server by Estos V22.214.171.1248, a new ESTOS Meta Directory version that supports licensing within Swyx Flex and Swyx Bundle Purchase License Orders via Operator.
This version can also be used as an update of classic licensed versions via license code.
Updates in the future will be done via this OEM version of ESTOS MetaDirectory and are basically available from our Download area on enreach.de.
With the release of this version, the corresponding booking options for SwyxFlex and Swyx purchase license have now also been activated in the operator.
What has changed?
The licensing of Swyx VisualContacts Server by Estos, booked via the Operator Portal, can only be used in connection with an installed SwyxWare version. The Swyx Management API, part of the Swyx Control Center, must always be installed as well.
Assuming that a SwyxWare installation and online licensing has already been done, perform a new installation of Swyx VisualContact Server by Estos as follows:
- Download the latest Swyx VisualContact Server by Estos version from enreach.de.
- Extract the zip file locally on the server where you want to install the Estos version.
- Start the installation by double clicking on the Windows installation file (.msi).
- Please note that administration rights are required for the installation.
- Go step by step through the installation setup wizard and define in particular
the login data for the ESTOS Administrator
- Choose the license selection in the next step:
- Classic license code or
- select "Activate via Swyx Server" for SwyxFlex or Swyx Purchase License Order via Operator.
- Enter the address of the SwyxWare server and the port 9201 (port of the management api) as well as an SwyxWare administrator user and his password.
- Finish the installation
- In the last step, open the estos MetaDirectory Administrator to configure or import replicators.
Querying the license information
The license information can be checked in the estos MeaDirectory Administrator under General / License Settings. It is also possible to change the SwyxWare server settings here.
What has to be considered?
Continuous license check
The Swyx VisualContacts Server checks the license information once a day.
If the entered SwyxWare Server is not reached, the following error message appears.
The license remains active for a grace period of 14 days and is then automatically deactivated. During the grace period Swyx Visualcontact Server tries to read out the license once a day.
Swyx Visualcontact Server by Estos and SwyxWare Server installed on the same server
When restarting a server on which VisualContacts Server and SwyxWare Server are installed, please make sure that the Swyx VisualContacts Server by estos service is set to delayed start. If this is not the case, a restart will show the error as described above.
The reason is that usually the VisualContacts Server is started faster than the corresponding SwyxWare Services during a restart and therefore the license request comes too early. Due to the grace period the system heals itself automatically after 24 hours at the latest and is usable immediately after restart.