The information in this article applies to the following products:
- SwyxPhone L71
- SwyxPhone L72
- SwyxPhone L74
- SwyxPhone L77
Enreach releases the new firmware V2 R0.8.0 for the new SwyxPhone L7x series.
Please note that the firmware and especially the corresponding L7x phones are only released and technically supported from Swyx 13.20 resp. 13.25 on.
Recommended firmware to support the SwyxPhone L7x series introduced with Swyx 13.2x.
Beside the regular maintenance the firmware corrects the wrong behavior of the L7 - desk phones that occurs in certain cases.
- Issue with the volume of the ringing tones on outgoing calls: Volume of the ring tones was always on maximum and could not be reduced.
- Only SwyxPhone L77: After the initial set-up of a SwyxPhone L77 on Swyx and the upload of the recommended firmware V2 R0.5.0 the screen of the phone stayed black (see also INFO: SwyxPhone L77 has a black display after first use.)
Known limitation: With Swyx 13.25 SwyxPhone L74/77 (NOT valid for L71/72) cannot be updated to a new firmware via the standard mechanism. There are 2 recommended workarounds:
- Update to Swyx 13.26 (release approx. mid of March 2023) and follow then the standard update procedure.
- Or manual update of the SwyxPhones via web interface:
Download the firmware manually from the Enreach download server (please find the links below).
Open the web - administration of the related SwyxPhone and authenticate yourself with the "Administrative Password for Desk Phones" (see also Swyx Control Center Documentation, Chap.4.6.1.).
Go to "File Transfer->Phone Application", upload the corresponding firmware into the phone and start the update.
Note on SwyxPhone Firmware Update
To update the firmware at your SwyxServer you have to perform the following steps related to the installed Swyx version:
Open the Server Settings within the SwyxWare Administration and select the tab "SwyxPhone Firmware Update". Within this configuration select the option "Get". Hereby the SwyxServer will contact the Swyx FTP server (ftp.swyx.com) which is configured by default and query the latest firmware version. To update the firmware at your SwyxServer you have to perform the following steps related to the installed Swyx version.
After this you could validate, that the new firmware version was updated by checking the firmware version information.
Manual Download of SwyxPhone Firmware
In the context of a standard Swyx installation is no need for a manual download and update of the SwyxPhone firmware. Nevertheless there are some use cases where the manual update or the usage of a local FTP server make sense or is mandatory.
For that purpose you can find the download links here:
- SwyxPhone L71 - FW version V2 R0.8.0: Download firmware now
- SwyxPhone L72 - FW version V2 R0.8.0: Download firmware now
- SwyxPhone L74 - FW version V2 R0.8.0: Download firmware now
- SwyxPhone L77 - FW version V2 R0.8.0: Download firmware now