By mistake the SwyxPhone can be configured to be unreachable via network (e.g. QoS Layer-2 settigns). This also prevents the user to reset the wrong values because the phone can only be configured in all features by its web interface.
In such cases you can reset the phone to factory settings. How this does work, is described in this article.
- Disconnect SwyxPhone from network.
- Power up the phone.
- Get error message No Connection to Network.
- Take handset OFF HOOK.
- Enter key sequence: 2 8 9
- Get prompt Enter Reset Password.
- Delete any *characters present on bottom line.
- Enter reset password: 1 2 4 8 1 6
- Confirm with the OK-Key
- Get message Reset OK followed by Performing Factory Reset.
- Phone will reboot.
- Connect back to network and reconfigure to customer requirements.
Please sign in to leave a comment.