On a Windows Terminal Server the Swyx TSP can provide an arbitrary number of lines. On setup of SwyxIt! with enabled feature „TSP“ on server, automatically the properties dialog of the TSP will pop up.
On a server the dialog will allow to change the number of available lines. If the number is changed later on, the telephony service must be restarted.
- For each user an individual TSP line must be configured:
- Configure the TSP to use so many lines as SwyxIt! users will access the terminal server
- Assign to each TSP line one Windows user account (see below). Within a terminal window only assigned lines will be visible. Only administrators will see all lines.
- In the TAPI applications, running in a terminal client window of the same user, select the same TSP line. If you have assigned the windows users correctly, only one line will be visible and wrong configuration is avoided.
- Select the same TSP line within SwyxIt! (local settings, tab Terminal Server), running in a terminal client window of the same windows user. If you have assigned the windows users correctly, only one line will be visible and wrong configuration is avoided.
Important: Assign exactly one TSP line to one user. This is required for a proper association between TSP lines and terminal client sessions.
How to Enable or Disable a Telephony Server:
- Click Start|Run, type TapiMgmt.msc, press ENTER.
- In the console tree, click the plus sign (+) next to Telephony to expand the item, and then click the server you want to manage.
- On the Action menu, click Properties.
- On the Setup tab, click to select the Enable telephony server check box to enable the server (or click to clear the check box to disable the server).
Note: If the Enable telephony server check box is unavailable, you need to start the Telephony service first. To do this, use the following steps:
Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Administrative Tools. Double-click Services. Right-click Telephony in the list of services, and then click Start.
After you enable the server, specify a logon account in the Account Information area.
Note: The logon account you specify must be a member of the Administrators group on the server. It must also be in the same domain as the server or in a domain that has a two-way trust relationship with the domain containing the server.
How to Assign a Telephony User to a Line or Phone:
- In the console tree of the Telephony command console, click the service provider you want to manage (for example, Unimodem 5 Service Provider).
- In the details pane, in the Line Name or Phone Name area, click the appropriate line or phone.
- On the Action menu, click Edit Users , and then click Add.
- In the “Look in” box, click the domain that contains the user.
- In the list, click the user, and then click Add.
This procedure configures whether clients can use the telephony devices accessible to the server. Changes take effect the next time the computer attempts to start the TAPI service. To manage the Telephony service, you must be a telephony administrator on the server or logged on as an administrator of the server. If the user assignment menu entries are disabled, please try to log on as local administrator.