The information in this article applies to the following products:
- Lotus Notes 8.5.x - 9 / IBM Notes 10 / HCL Notes 11
- SwyxWare 7 or newer
This article will help you to solve the most common problems of the Swyx Notes integration.
The SwyxIt Notes Integration provides access to contact-/address entries in Notes default databases (e.g. names.nsf) as well as in self-created/custom databases. The usage of self-created/custom databases or databases with more than 1000 entries can lead to performance issues. To avoid these issues we highly recommend to use our LDAP based solution Visual Contacts for the database access. More information regarding Visual Contacts can be found on the following website: SwyxPlus VisualContacts Option
Common configuration mistakes
- Swyx Notes integration licenses are missing.
- The SwyxIt! Notes plugin was not selected for installation during the SwyxIt! setup.
- The SwyxIt! Notes plugin was installed together with the Outlook integration.
This is not supported and can cause that none of the integrations work.
- Wrong application start order: We recommend to start the Notes client first and then SwyxIt!.
Common problems and solutions
The Notes client reacts slowly or is "frozen" once the SwyxIt! client was started
Possible reason and solution A
This issue is often caused by serverside database which contain a lot of entries (more than 1000). In such a case we recommend to use the SwyxPlus VisualContacts Option for those databases.
Possible reason and solution B
You are using the SwyxIt! Calendar Appointment Detection. By activating this feature SwyxIt! searches every minute for a new or updated appointment in the Notes calendar of the user. The problem could be solved by increasing the search interval. Therefore you have to modify the following Windows registry key:
Default value decimal: 60000 (60000 milliseconds = 1 minute)
Recommended value decimal: 300000 (300000 milliseconds = 5 minutes)
You can also deactivate the feature completely. You can achieve this via the SwyxIt! Local Settings or by changing the following Windows registry key:
Default value: 1
New value: 0
The Notes contacts are not displayed in SwyxIt!. This applies for the search field on the SwyxIt! Skin, the SwyxIt! phonebook and the number resolution for incoming phone calls.
Possible reason and solution
The configuration of the Swyx Notes Integration is incomplete or invalid. Therefore please read the following chapters in SwyxWare Administration manual:
How to configure the Lotus Notes integration
How you save and distribute the database configuration
Please note that the name of the Notes configuration XML file must not be changed. It must be "NotesDbDefaults.xml" in every case.
If your problem persists or a solution is not listed here, please contact your SwyxWare sales partner. If the problem is forwarded to us by your partner we need the following information for Notes Support Tickets:
- Which SwyxWare Version is used?
- Which version of Lotus / IBM / HCL Notes and Domino is used?
- How many Notes user has the Notes environment?
- How many Notes user are using SwyxIt!?
- Are the Notes client and SwyxIt! running on a terminal server? If yes: How many terminal servers are used?
- Which functions of the Swyx Notes integration do you want to use? Which one are very important for you?
- What exactly does not work? Please describe your problem in detail.
- Do you use the Notes Integration for the first time (first time configuration) or does the problem occur after a SwyxWare Update? If update: Did you use the same Notes version (patches also count) before the SwyxWare Update?
- What is the usual application start order? First Notes than SwyxIt! or the other way around?
- Do you use self-created/custom databases? If yes: How many entries are in those databases?
- Do you use standard Notes databases like the "names.nsf"? If yes: How many entries are in those databases?
Please sign in to leave a comment.