How do I install QoS (Quality of Service) on Windows 2000 machines ?
With using QoS (Quality of Service) within networks it is possible to garantee the needed bandwidth for speech data and to keep the trip times for IP packets short. To get an optimum network performance it is suggested to use QoS in all your active network devices. To enable QoS on your Windows 2000 system (Server / Professional) just follow these steps.
Installation of QoS Paket Scheduler
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Network and Dial-up Connections.
- Click the local area connection on which you want to install QoS Packet Scheduler, and then click Properties on the File menu.
- Click Install, click Service, and then click Add.
- Click QoS Packet Scheduler, and then click OK.
Configuration of Network Adapter
- Open Properties of Network Adapter
- Select Additional Settings
- Enable 802.1p Support
Further informations on how the SwyxWare uses QoS can be found in the Knowledgebase article
- Description of 802.1P Signaling
- Description of the Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) (Q227261)
- QoS Traffic Control in Windows 2000 (Q233203)
The third-party contact information included in this article is provided to help you find the technical support you need. This contact information is subject to change without notice. Swyx in no way guarantees the accuracy of this third-party contact information nor is responsible for it's content.