The Pro Phone SIP Premium Trunk from NetCologne is without encryption and has to be connected to an Internet connection from NetCologne as an Internet provider.
NetCologne is offering a SIP trunk with user authentication. You have received information about UserID, UserName and UserPassword, whereas the naming may differ, or you might have only received UserName and -password. In this case, UserID and UserName are identical.
The Pro Phone SIP Premium Trunk from NetCologne can be used without restrictions from SwyxWare 12.30 on. When using an earlier version of SwyxWare incompatibilities cannot be excluded and use is at your own risk.
The Pro Phone SIP Premium Trunk from NetCologne in a SwyxON environment is not supported.
Configuration of the SwyxWare
- Creation of a location with the information of the assigned number range
- Creation of a SIP trunk group with the NetCologne profile "NetCologne (DE)"
- Creation of a SIP trunk underneath the newly created SIP trunk group
- Enter user credentials for registration
- Configuration of the assigned number range
In order to assign incoming calls to the correct trunk, it is necessary to configure a SIP URI for the trunk. The assigned number block and the number format must be considered.
Number block: +49 221 1234560 ... +49 221 1234569
In this case, the SIP URI must be entered in the format +49221123456*@*.
CLIP No Screening
To activate feature CLIP No screening, in the tab 'Number Signaling' of the trunk properties the option 'Always use originator's number' must be set..
The mutually supported codecs are G711A and T.38. In the tab 'Codecs/Channel' of the SIP trunk properties only these two codecs have to be selected.
Note: In case that FAX transmission has to be carried out through G.711 exclusively, T.38 has to be deselected in the list of supported codecs. This is not recommended since FAX transmission via T.38 is supplying a significantly better quality, stability and reliability.
- Incoming/outgoing national calls
- Incoming/outgoing international calls
- Correct Calling Line Identification (CLI) on national and international calls
- CLIP No Screening
- Holding and retrieving calls
- Toggeling between two calls
- Call transfer
- Mutually supported codecs: G.711a/ T.38 for FAX Negotiation
- Incoming/outgoing DTMF signaling in accordance with via RFC2833
- T.38 Negotiation and FAX Transmission
05/11/2014 with SwyxWare 2015
26/05/2017 with SwyxWare 2015 R40.2
25/02/2021 mit SwyxWare 12.30
The third-party contact information included in this article is provided to help you find the technical support you need. This contact information is subject to change without notice. Swyx in no way guarantees the accuracy of this third-party contact information nor is responsible for it's content.