For the operation of the Gigaset ION USB handset on SwyxIt! (Windows Client) it is recommended to install the Gigaset configuration software.
For the integration of the Gigaset ION in SwyxIt! the installation of the corresponding Gigaset configuration software is mandatory.
The purpose of the software is
- Installation of the SwyxIt! Audio Device plugIn for call control (Hook On/Off, Mute)
- Configuration of the behavior of the device in different call situations
- Firmware update of handset and DECT dongle
The configuration software is required for the initial installation of the device plug-in and for firmware updates, but does not have to be active during SwyxIt! operation.
The configuration software can be downloaded from the Gigaset AG support pages.
The configuration software can be downloaded from the Gigaset AG support pages. During installation the SwyxIt PlugIn must be selected as an additional installation option.
Known problem: Even if the configuration software is installed correctly, the Gigaset ION is displayed in SwyxIt! as a supported audio device in all audio modes (handset, headset, handsfree). The audio support also works in all modes, but the hook off via the device buttons works only if the ION is configured as handset. This behavior depends on the installed version of the ION software:
- v2.24: Hook on/off only in handset mode.
- v2.22 or older: Hook on/off only in handsfree mode.