The release is done regularly via the macOS App Store
Please note the changes affecting Plantronics devices. Details can be found below.
New Features & Improvements
For the Swyx Desktop for macOS client to operate, the following requirements need to be fulfilled
- Apple Mac computer with macOS 10.10 Yosemite (or later)
- SwyxWare 2015 R3.2.2 / NetPhone 2015 R2.2 or “DeLAN Swyx II Rel. 1.2”. Enhanced presence information is available only with serverside installation of SwyxWare 2015 R3.2.2/NetPhone 2015 R2.2.2 (or later)
- User determined ordering of favourites is supported only in Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) or later
To use the CTI features, the following requirements need to be fulfilled:
- SwyxWare 11.25 or SwyxON 1.25 (or later)
- SwyxPLUS Feature Pack for certified SIP-Phones
- Usage of a supported Yealink desk phones: SIP-T41S, SIP-T42S, SIP-T46S, SIP-T48S, CP920 and CP960.
- Desk phone and Swyx Desktop are connected to the same network.
- The user has to be signed in at the desk phone and Swyx Desktop with the same user name.
- SipTransport-Mode of the user is set to TCP.
We have used customer feedback to fix a few bugs:
- Brackets, spaces, slashes, and hyphens should of course not be dialled
- We have removed one not needed 0 when dialing. Now you should be able to call again as expected
- It's now possible to use a password in the EasyConfig URL
- Optimized database and storage usage
Unfortunately we had to remove the Plantronics SDK because the use of non-public APIs is
not allowed in the App Store. Please use the 'Plantronics Hub for Mac' from the manufacturer's
website to get additional support for your Plantronics headset. Swyx is working closely with
Plantronics to ensure that the usual functionality is restored.
- 179558 ANR: After a 30 minutes call
- 180123 The client should be able to store a password received from EasyConfig URL
- 180869 Time and call item floating instead of fixed position
- 182561 New workflow for automatic number completion
- 182663 High Memory Usage of macOS Client (RAM usage increased to >1GB )
- 186260 Call failed
- 189539 Resizing app windows on macOS Catalina freezes app
- 190705 Enormously grown realm database (6,98GB)
- Enhanced Recents details are available only with Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) or later
- Using the client towards a Swyxware Advance Server, the user’s groups are not displayed
- USB and Bluetooth headsets of manufacturers (other than Jabra and Plantronics) are supported as pure audio devices i.e. no buttons supported
Without Plantronics SDK
- accepting & rejecting calls on Plantronics headsets is not possible anymore
- muting on Plantronics headsets still works, but is not synchronized with the application’s mute-status anymore
- on some wireless Plantronics headsets (DECT) muting might cause a call drop
The app is available in the Mac App Store and can be directly installed on the Mac from there.
The Support for the Swyx Desktop for macOS is handled through the regular Swyx Support process.