The release is done regularly via the macOS App Store
New Features & Improvements
- Users who use a Yealink desk phone connected via CTI are now able to select an extension in Swyx Desktop for outgoing calls. The extension of an incoming call is now also correctly displayed on the client.
- We have heard your wish and now offer you the possibility to write messages to your colleagues with Swyx Desktop:
- Instant Messaging
- cross platform chat with colleagues (Windows, iOS, Android, macOS)
- start a new chat from recents, contact profile or chat overview
- send, receive and copy messages
- receive notifications for new chat messages
- separate overview of your single chats and group chats
- admins can delete a conversation, members can leave a conversation
- call a chat partner directly from a single chat
- open URL in a message with a mouse click
We recommend to use Swyx Desktop for macOS always in combination with the latest
SwyxWare, otherwise already solved problems will still occur.
For the Swyx Desktop for macOS client to operate, the following requirements need to be
- Apple Mac computer with macOS 10.12 Sierra (or later)
- SwyxWare 2015 R3.2.2 / NetPhone 2015 R2.2 or “DeLAN Swyx II Rel. 1.2”. Enhanced presence information is available only with server-side installation of SwyxWare 2015 R3.2.2/NetPhone 2015 R2.2.2 (or later)
To use the CTI features, the following requirements need to be fulfilled:
- SwyxWare 11.25 or SwyxON 1.25 (or later)
- Usage of a supported Yealink desk phones: SIP-T41S, SIP-T42S, SIP-T46S, SIPT48S, CP920 and CP960.
- Desk phone and Swyx Desktop are connected to the same network.
- The user has to be signed in at the desk phone and Swyx Desktop with the same user name.
- SipTransport-Mode of the user is set to TCP.
To use Instant Messaging, the following requirements need to be fulfilled:
- SwyxWare 12.10 (or later)
We have used customer feedback to fix a few bugs:
- You can now use a VPN connection instead of the Remote Connector when working from home
- Fewer calls are dropped
- SMFI-9 Instant Messaging blocked by firewall due to non-standard port usage
- SMFI-10 Chat button active on non-chat activated server versions
- SMFI-11 CTI button becomes red when phone number entered - no connection
- SMFI-14 Badge not removed at group chat
- SMFI-18 Mobile call disconnects after 4 seconds
- SMFI-23 Call drop during transfer
- SMFI-24 Send message re-appears in composition field when re-entering conversation
- SMFI-39 Badge icon not removed after reading
- Using the client towards a Swyxware Advance Server, the user’s groups are not displayed
- USB and Bluetooth headsets of manufacturers (other than Jabra) are supported as pure audio devices i.e. no buttons supported
Plantronics / Polycom (Poly)
- Unfortunately, we had to remove the Plantronics SDK because the use of non-public APIs is not allowed in the App Store. Please use the 'Plantronics Hub for Mac' from the manufacturer's website to get additional support for your Plantronics headset.
- When using a Plantronics Bluetooth headset, we also recommend using the Bluetooth USB adapter for a more stable connection.
- Please make sure that you always use the latest firmware for headset and Bluetooth USB adapter.
Without Plantronics SDK
- accepting & rejecting calls on Plantronics headsets is not possible anymore
- muting on Plantronics headsets still works, but is not synchronized with the application’s mute status anymore
- on some wireless Plantronics headsets (DECT) muting might cause a call drop
The app is available in the Mac App Store and can be directly installed on the Mac from there.
The Support for the Swyx Desktop for macOS is handled through the regular Swyx Support process.