Release is done via Apple App Store
New Features & Improvements
• With this release you will get a typical macOS toolbar.
• Customize your toolbar to add or remove buttons.
• You can change the button size.
• Decide if you want to see in the toolbar icon and text, icon only or text only.
• Use Swyx Desktop in Dark Mode, the new look that helps you focus on your work.
• There is only one entry field in the toolbar. Search in Contacts, search in Recents or dial a number. It's always active, so start typing directly on your hardware keyboard...
• Press ESC to clear the entry field. You will see all Contacts and Recents again.
• Dial directly from your hardware keyboard. No need to touch your mouse for a call. Just press ENTER!
• 'Missed calls' and 'Forwarding all calls' are signalised at the corresponding button in red (in the new toolbar).
• Option to 'Sign In' or 'Sign Out' is added to menu and Settings.
• We have updated the app icon.
For the Swyx Desktop for macOS client to operate, the following requirements need to be fulfilled
• Apple Mac computer with macOS 10.10 Yosemite (or later)
• SwyxWare 2015 R3.2.2 / NetPhone 2015 R2.2 or “DeLAN Swyx II Rel. 1.2”. Enhanced presence information is available only with serverside installation of SwyxWare 2015 R3.2.2/NetPhone 2015 R2.2.2 (or later)
• User determined ordering of favourites is supported only in Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) or later
To use the CTI features, the following requirements need to be fulfilled:
• SwyxWare 11.25 or SwyxON 1.25 (or later)
• SwyxPLUS Feature Pack for certified SIP-Phones
• Usage of a supported Yealink desk phones: SIP-T41S, SIP-T42S, SIP-T46S, SIP-T48S, CP920 and CP960.
• Desk phone and Swyx Desktop are connected to the same network.
• The user has to be signed in at the desk phone and Swyx Desktop with the same user name.
• SipTransport-Mode of the user is set to TCP.
• 171323 App crashes after user is blind transferred to himself
• 171454 Yealink devices do not release DND status after calendar events end
• 173369 No feedback when selecting active Phone Number
• 56908 Missed call notification is not displaying in system notification bar
• 159604 Mobile Desktop crashes on macOS 10.10.5 (Mac App Store)
• Enhanced Recents details are available only with Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) or later
• User defined group favourites disappear if the same user is also logged in with an Android device
• Using the client towards a Swyxware Advance Server, the user’s groups are not displayed
• USB and Bluetooth headsets of manufacturers (other than Jabra and Plantronics) are supported as pure audio devices i.e. no buttons supported
• The use of h/w buttons of Jabra headsets may require quitting a running instance of Jabra Suite
Automatic installation via Apple iTunes Store
To install the app, the user simply needs to select the app in the Apple iTunes Store. After entering the Apple ID, the app will be downloaded and installed automatically.
Manual installation via DMG or ZIP File
The app can be installed manually, too. To install the app, please unzip the ZIP file or mount the disk image (DMG) file by double-clicking. Then drag the app into your Applications folder. At System Preferences > Security & Privacy you might have to allow the installation for apps not downloaded from Mac App Store.
The Support for the Swyx Desktop for macOS is handled through the regular Swyx Support process.
Please sign in to leave a comment.