Enreach releases Swyx 13.28 for on-premises and as SwyxWare Compact for Data Center version. This version will also be available on SwyxON in the coming days. Please refer to the separate announcement.
To use the full functionality of Swyx 13.28, you have to update your SwyxIt! clients also to version 13.28, if you are using SwyxIt! versions older than version 13.15.
When using SwyxIt! versions 13.10 or earlier and SwyxWare 13.28, the user will not be able to logon if the user's password has been changed. The SwyxIt! has to be updated to 13.28 for the user accordingly.
So you can update your Swyx version to 13.28 first and update all SwyxIt! clients afterwards.
Swyx MMC Adminstration of versions 13.28 or earlier cannot connect to a SwyxWare 13.28. So you have to update them accordingly.
Updating a user with a CDS client version earlier than 13.28 fails if connected to SwyxWare 13.28. Affected are third party products, Swyx PowerShell modules, User Import Tool, etc.
With the update to Swyx 13.28 you also have to update Swyx VisualGroups to version 1.11, which is available separately in our Download Center.
Basically the operation (call distribution) of Swyx VisualGroups versions 1.10 and earlier is not restricted with Swyx 13.28. However, you will no longer be able to log into the Swyx VisualGroups Administration Portal when using Swyx VisualGroups versions earlier than 1.11.
Overview of the most important new features in this version:
New Self Service Password and Reset Feature:
- Administrators but also users can now request a password recovery via SwyxIt! or directly in the Swyx Control Center and create a new password via a self-service.
- With the new procedure, initial passwords are now completely excluded from being sent by e-mail. Instead, a temporary recovery link is provided, which the user can use to create a new password.
- The passwords are encrypted in the database according to the latest security standard and cannot be decrypted and thus displayed.
Support CTI+ with mobile Swyx Mobile Apps
- We have added another switch in the Expert Settings of the Swyx Control Center to enable the use of CTI+ with our Swyx Mobile Apps and SwyxIt!
- Please note that this activation may cause restrictions when using DECT devices and CTI+ at the same time.
Extension of the Swyx PowerShell module
- Via an extension in the Swyx PowerShell module user specific features can now be assigned to users in "bulk".
- This functionality helps e.g. with the assignment of Swyx Phone licenses in bulk, which are needed to use the full feature set when using Unify Phones not purchased via Enreach.
Support for the new native Webview2 based Microsoft Teams App
- Microsoft has announced a new native Teams App for Windows.
- To use our Swyx MS Teams Connector, you can either update to the 13.27.1 SwyxIT! released on 08/24/2023 or upgrade to SwyxWare 13.28.
- Please note that to use the Swyx MS Teams Connector with the new Microsoft MS Teams App and Swyx 13.28, the SwyxIT! Client must also be updated to 13.28.
- During a call transfer from Yealink to another Yealink device, inconsistent line information are now corrected
- In Swyx Control Center the line keys of Yealink T31G can now be configured.
- Sending group voicemail messages works now.
Further improvements can be found in the attached release notes.